MALA FOREST is currently looking for 3-4 digital marketers to join our family and help us on our mission. If you're not familiar with us, Learn More About MALA FOREST. This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity.
Primarily we're looking for digital content marketers who would like to write SEO optimized articles and blog posts about the following topics and related areas:
- Healthy Living
- Tree planting
- Tree planting and it's effect on poverty
- Ecosystems in relation to poverty
In addition we're also looking for team members who have skills in the following digital marketing niches:
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter & Google Plus) (Optionally Instagram & Pinterest)
- Digital advertising through Google AdWords search (managing $10,000 monthly Google not for profit advertising grant)
- Email marketing through Mailchimp
This is a 3 month opportunity starting as early as May 2016 and finishing in August 2016 with an opportunity to continue volunteering and potential for a part time paid position based on performance. Start and end dates are flexible.
The volunteer will assist with launch efforts for the MALA FOREST website.
This volunteer opportunity is perfect for the aspiring digital marketing expert looking to gain hands on experience while also assisting an amazing cause. Successful volunteers will receive a letter of reference and a reference contact that can be used for all future resumes.
This volunteer program will be overseen by a full time digital marketing employee who will be able to train and assist volunteers with the platforms and tactics mentioned above.
Volunteer Role Description
This position will be remote with a flexible time commitment of approximately 3-5 hours per week.
Your duties may include:
- Content keyword research
- SEO optimized blog and article content writing
- Content outreach and link building
- Social media platform management
- Email campaign development
- Google AdWords account management
(please note each volunteer would only be responsible for small number of these areas, not all of them)
If there's something you think you could help out with, but don't see it listed here. Please don't hesitate to reach out and ask about it!
The Ideal Volunteer
The type of person who would be a great fit for this role would ideally possess the following skills, experience and abilities:
- Passionate and interested about our mission, healthy living and Mala's
- Able to work remotely
- Speaks fluent English and has very strong reading, writing and communication skills
- Independent research and learning skills
- Can work independently
- Previous digital marketing experience
How To Apply
Email us at email@example.com including:
- Subject line "Join The Forest Family"
- Writing sample (if interested in writing content)
- Brief description of why you would be a good fit
- No cover letter needed
***Please note that due to the volume of applications we recieve we cannot respond to each application***
Looking forward to hearing from you!
- The MALA FOREST team :)